How do I choose the right cover?
The decision to buy Life Insurance is often made with the best interests of your loved ones at heart. After all, if you were to pass away or become seriously ill or injured, you want to know they will be looked after financially. It’s a smart decision, but it’s important you consider how much and what type(s) of cover you need to ensure your loved ones are adequately protected.
How much cover do you need?
One of the best ways to discover just how much cover you need is through our Life Insurance Calculator. The calculator will help you identify what types and how much cover you need to meet your needs. Equipped with these insights you will then be able to select the right cover from our range of Life Insurance products, including:
- Protect the financial security of your loved ones if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Apply for up to $15 million of cover.
- $15,000 advance to assist with funeral costs.
- Protect your income if you become ill or injured and can’t work.
- Provides up to 75% of your income (up to $25,000 per month).
- Choice of 30 or 90-day waiting period.
- Protect yourself and your family from financial stress if you’re permanently disabled and unable to work.
- Apply for up to $5 million cover.
- Protection for mental illness included.
- Focus on your recovery if you suffer from a critical illness.
- Apply for up to $2 million cover.
- 38 conditions covered including cancer, heart attack, stroke and coronary artery disease.
What if I have Life Insurance in my superannuation already?
Most employees will automatically have some Life Insurance in super. However, many people only have a minimum level of cover that may not be sufficient to meet the needs of their dependents.
There are also different rules around accessing benefits within super, and different tax treatment for different types of beneficiaries – which is why many Australians have chosen to have more than one policy to ensure they are adequately covered.