Am I covered if I go overseas?

Once issued, NobleOak insurance cover is provided for worldwide travel and residence 24-hours a day, subject to any special terms and conditions NobleOak may apply at the time of acceptance.

So whether you are heading on the trip of a lifetime or moving overseas, provide your cover remains in-force you can travel with peace of mind.

Before you jet off into the sunset, you should always check with your insurer as additional conditions may apply to your cover.

Countries excluded from cover

Some countries are excluded from cover mainly due to political unrest, war or natural disaster. As these are subject to change we recommend that you always check with your insurer before travelling overseas to make sure you are covered.

If you choose to remain in a country or part of a country where an Australian government ‘reconsider your need to travel’ or ‘do not travel’ travel warning has been issued, or an evacuation has been coordinated, you may not be covered. Again, it is recommended you check with you insurer if this occurs whilst travelling.

Other exclusions unique to you

In rare cases, travel exclusions may apply based on your individual circumstances. If this is the case, they will be determined during the initial application process and agreed with you.

Remember, always check current travel advice

The Australian Government recommends all travellers check current travel advice, which it maintains for more than 170 destinations on the Smartraveller website.

The advisories highlight potential threats to security, safety and health that you could face at your destination, and counsel on local laws that may differ from those at home. To ensure you are protected, we recommend that you still check with your insurer before travelling overseas to make sure you are covered, even to low risk destinations.

Make sure your Insurance is up to date

Travel to even the safest destination can be risky, so it is a good idea to have your affairs in order before you go. Life Cover can help to provide financial security for your loved ones in the event of your death.

Income Protection Insurance can help you to cover the costs of living if you are unable to work due to illness or injury. For Australian workers heading overseas to work, provided your cover remains in-force, you will be eligible for Income Protection benefits.

However, in the event of an Income Protection claim there may be additional requirements and conditions should you be working overseas. If you are moving overseas for work, either temporarily or for an extended period, we recommend you check with your insurer what additional requirements may be placed on your cover.

To find out more about taking out NobleOak® Life Insurance before you next head overseas, speak to one of our Specialists today on 1300 041 494 or get a quote online.