What does Business Expenses Insurance Cover?
Business Expenses Insurance helps you cover the fixed running costs of your business if you are out of action due to a sickness or injury.
Allowable business expenses include:
- Premises expenses: Office/warehouse rent, rates/taxes, security costs, cleaning, insurance, mortgage repayments, repairs and maintenance.
- Utilities: Electricity, telephone, internet, postage, couriers, water and sewerage.
- Motor vehicle leasing, depreciation, insurance, registration, repairs and maintenance.
- Salaries of employees who do not generate income, for example a receptionist and administration staff, together with their payroll tax and superannuation.
- Other eligible expenses include accounting and auditing fees, business insurances, professional membership fees and regular advertising costs.