Our Values & History
The values of NobleOak are steeped in a rich history with links dating back to an ancient Druid past, guided by principles of integrity and benevolence.
We put our clients first at all times, and we always offer genuine value. We’re here to protect Australians with better cover by making Life Insurance more accessible and affordable.
We use simple, clear communication at all times and avoid jargon. We aim to make getting Life Insurance easier and ensure that our clients know what they are covered for.
We continually drive, and respond to, positive change to ensure our clients get the best service and products. We’re always looking to improve and are prepared to try new things.
We deliver results, not excuses. This includes both to our clients and to each other. When we say we are going to do something, we do it.
NobleOak is one of Australia’s oldest life insurers, which began in 1877 as the ‘United Ancient Order of Druids Friendly Society of NSW.’ The origins of the modern-day Druids date back to 1781 when the “Ancient Order of Druids” was founded in London, guided by principles of justice, benevolence and friendship. The name links to the ancient Druids who were members of the professional class in Europe around 1,000 BC – 1,000 AD.
To this day, NobleOak continues to operate within the spirit of the ancient and modern-day Druids with a genuine desire to provide our clients with quality Life Insurance.
Click here to find out more about the History of NobleOak – Our Journey: Past to Present.
- 1,000 BC – 1,000 AD – Ancient Druids existed in ancient Celtic times in Britain, Ireland, France (Gaul)
- 1781 – The ‘Ancient Order of Druids’ (AOD) was founded in London, UK, at ‘The King’s Arms’ Tavern
- 1850 – First Australian Druids Lodge was established in Adelaide, South Australia
- 1851 – First Druids Lodge in Victoria was established in Melbourne
- 1861 – ‘NSW Ancient Order of Druids’ became one of Australia’s earliest insurers
- 1868 – ‘NSW Ancient Order of Druids’ transitioned to the ‘United Ancient Order of Druids (UAOD) Friendly Society of NSW’
- 1877 – ‘The UAOD Friendly Society of NSW’ was established as a mutual society
- 2011 – ‘The UAOD Friendly Society of NSW’ was demutualised and the name changed to ‘NobleOak Life Limited’
- 2012 – NobleOak rebranded and began to distribute products directly to clients
- Today – NobleOak continues as an award-winning life insurer