FSC Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Claims Initiative - For customers impacted by COVID 19
This initiative applies for TPD claims where the completed claim form is submitted on or before 1 January 2021, where the sickness or injury giving rise to the TPD claim occurred between 11 March 2020 and 27 September 2020. A copy of the FSC initiative can be found here or below.
Should a Client of NobleOak making a claim under their NobleOak TPD insurance cover meet each of the criteria identified by the FSC in the FSC initiative ([click above to see the copy of the FSC initiative] / [please see the wording of the FSC COVID TPD Claims Initiative reproduced below]), we will assess the claim using the disability definition which applies based on their working arrangements as at 11 March 2020 in accordance with the FSC initiative. All claims are subject to cover terms and conditions. For further information on these terms and conditions please refer to your PDS.
FSC COVID TPD Claims Initiative
This initiative applies to existing life insurance cover and is designed to help if you:
- Were working in your normal capacity on 11 March 2020*,
- Have had reduced working hours or lost your job due to COVID-19 since 11 March 2020,
- Become disabled as a result of an illness or injury between 11 March 2020 and 27 September 2020 inclusive,
- Have maintained your TPD cover at the time you become totally and permanently disabled, and
- Lodge your completed claim form on or before 1 January 2021.
If you meet the above criteria, on an ex-gratia basis participating life insurers will assess your claim using the applicable disability definition based on your working arrangements as at 11 March 2020.
Life insurers will confirm their participation by making a public statement on their website, including details of how they will apply the initiative.
*When the World Health Organisation declared coronavirus to be a global pandemic.